Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer 10

"Summer" is more than 1/2 way over now!  Can you guys believe that?  Public school kids go back to school in 3 weeks!  I had a list of all of these fun and wonderful things I wanted to do this summer.... I cringe as I sit back and evaluate how far I've come... We school through the summer, so that of course is on my list.  SO... I'm taking a deeeep breath... here goes nothing! (in no particular order)

10.  Free bowling.  CHECK
 9.  Summer Movies. CHECK
 8.  Swim Team. CHECK (This one is going to kill me!!!! It is every morning from 8:00-9:00!!!)
 7.  Read to my kids.... um... well... er... uh... ok... didn't I say I still have 3 weeks left?
 6.  Keep up with school.... we're doing ok with that.
 5.  Swimming.  Uh...well... other than swim team, I don't think we've done much of that.  We are limited too, because I'm afraid Baby T's rash might be sunscreen related!
 4.  TV production.... This one needs a little explanation.  It was actually on my son's list of things to do.  He wants to create a news production with a few of his friends.  We gave out assignments and are waiting to do the filming in August.  We have a guy from our church that will help with the "techno" stuff and even use the green screen!  We're super excited, and I will post on that later.
 3.  Olympic study... we are moving along in this, hopefully will finish by the end of this week, or early next week.
 2.  Election study... well... I'm hoping we can pick this up as soon as we're done with the Olympic study, but not sure we'll get to it either.  Keeping fingers crossed.
 1.  Bible study.  CHECK.  That has been my number 1 goal for this school year, to be consistent and faithful in our Bible study time.  So far, so good.  In my Curricula Corner, I posted about my curricula choices. You can check there to see what we're doing for Bible.

Well...it's not a super exciting list, but we've had a lot of fun regardless.  Remember, I'm doing all this while continuing to go to gymnastics twice a week, work 2 nights a week, swim team 4 days a week, make meals,clean house, take care of my wonderful chilies grocery shop, and tackle whatever else comes along....

All I can say is THANK YOU GOD for allowing me the time to find time for the fun things, and for all the good things! 

I'm linking up with Angie from Many Little Blessings...check it out...

Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment