Thursday, July 12, 2012

Music

It's a funny thing how my love of music has progressed over the years.... It has actually been less consuming due to the fact that I married someone who doesn't care for it.  But, every once in a while, when I need peace in my soul, there is no better way than through the soothing balm of music, the Holy Spirit, and well, belting it out!!!!

Lately, for belting it, I have been enjoying a gift from my best friend, a copy of Come to the Well by Casting Crowns, my favorite band.  The words to their songs are so very thought provoking and just really lead me to worship.  Today in the car we had some deep thinking (as much as the 11 year olds and 5 & 6 year olds can....).  I love the song, Jesus Friend of Sinners. I encouraged the kids to listen to the words and figure out what in the world it meant to "open our eyes to the world at the end of our pointing fingers".  Another line, "help us remember we are all the least of these, let the memory of your mercy bring your people to their knees;" and another, "you are good and your love endures forever".

This is soooo what God is teaching me. Mercy.  It all boils down to mercy.  I got it for free. I should give it for free.  It should "lead my heart".  But, I'm too busy noticing all the wrongs that have been done to me!  Thank God that He is not like that!!!  Instead, He has befriended me.  His love endures forever.  He is good.  So, thank you Casting Crowns!!! Love how your music helps me worship!

Here is a link to the youtube video.... song for thought! 


















Please also consider watching the "behind the song" clip too... It was really thought provoking and humbly honest!


No comments:

Post a Comment