Friday, June 15, 2012

How do you do it?

So many people ask me, "How do you do it?"  They can't understand how I can work nights, maintain a home, homeschool, feed the family, etc.  I can't either!!!  Other than, you do what you have to do.  It's not like any of these things are optional!  I don't feel like God has given me the freedom to put the kids in school, I can't quit work or we won't eat, and well, we aren't the best at maintaining our home... see my first post in regards to that.

So, how do I do it?  Well, it's God!  Of course you knew I was going to say that.... but I don't mean He's making dinner tonight!  I mean, He has taught me about self-discipline.  UGH!  Now, except for today- when for the first time in I don't know how long- I slept through the alarm, without fail I get up at 0600! Make the coffee, put a load in the dryer and a load in the wash and fold a load.  Spend time with Him, get ready for school, wake and feed the others.  This is what every weekday morning looks like.  Yes, it's boring!  I like boring...now!  God has taught me that in the mundane routine, I am much more content.  Things don't pile up as much, the kids are happier- probably because I'm happier, the husband is happier...probably also because I am... If momma ain't happy- well you know!

It has been a hard lesson, this lesson of self-discipline, and I'm still learning new areas where I'm lacking it.  It has taken many, many years to learn it.  How God continues to be patient with me, I'll never understand!  I am just thankful that He hasn't given up on me...He continues to place obstacles in my life that I need to conform me to the woman He wants me to be.  Of course, during that obstacle I often fail to see how it fits into His plan (probably another post topic!)...but reflective times like this I truly can be thankful, He is giving me the desires of my heart.  What a good God!

No comments:

Post a Comment