Monday, October 22, 2012

Blessing in Obedience: Job Update

Well, I think it's time to give a quick update on my new job. I have 2 days of orientation left (at the end of this week). So, I've been in Trauma ICU for 4 weeks now.  Someone asked me the other day how if it was as good as I had hoped.  I answered, "I like it much more than I thought I would!"  Now, I must add this little caveat... during orientation, I have not experienced a super difficult trauma admission, nor have I had incredibly sick patients with all the experience I want/need.  I have let my manager know.  Having said all of that, the staff that I work with are well aware, and I know they are such an amazing team, that I know I won't be left flailing!  I have worked at 2 different hospitals and in several different types of units, and have NEVER seen the kind of team work that I see here in this unit.  It is truly special, and I am so thankful and honored to be a part of it.  I know there are many stressful nights of work in my future, but I am so glad to know that I'll have a great team and that God is with me.

I am thankful that even though this would not have been an area I would have chosen for myself, I obeyed what I thought God was telling me.  I was very uncertain, and concerned about moving to this unit.  It was a difficult choice, that I truly labored over.  It just goes to show that there is blessing in obedience.... no matter how hard it is to choose to obey!


No comments:

Post a Comment